Swing Bed Program
Howard County Medical Center is the perfect place, close to home, for you or your loved one to receive skilled care. The goal during your swing bed stay is to promote active participation between you, your family, and your care team in order to recover to the highest level of physical function and quality of life. During your stay, your care team will coordinate your treatment plan, care needs, and your discharge plan.
The Swing Bed program offers a full range of sub-acute, skilled services that include: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, IV Therapy, Nutrition Therapy, Speech Therapy, Wound Therapy, and Management of Complex Cases
Your care team includes: Your Medical Provider, Pharmacist, Dietitian, Nursing Staff, Therapists, and the Social Worker
Benefits during your stay:
- Personalized care from a dedicated group of professionals
- Care plan meetings to regularly discuss your progress, questions, or concerns
- Access to physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services one-two times each weekday
- Choices at every meal, along with nutritional guidance from our registered dietitian
- Close access to your physician or physician assistant
- TV/phone/internet access
- Access to activities such as: movies, books, word puzzles, magazines, newspapers and music
The average length of stay in Swing Bed at HCMC is short term, typically 10-14 days. Our Swing Bed patients share the same 10 hospital rooms as our inpatients, therefore our average daily Swing Bed census is low, typically 1-2 patients. To qualify for insurance coverage for the swing bed program at HCMC you must meet specific criteria set forth by traditional Medicare or your insurance company.
If you have question regarding your eligibility for our swing bed program, please contact: Kelli Wood, SW or Janelle Morgan, RN at 308-754-4421.