At Howard County Medical Center, we believe helping moms have babies is the funnest part of running a hospital! We love wee ones’ adorable faces, wispy hair and baby-fresh scent!
But, most of all, we love helping families bring healthy babies into the world. So, here’s why you should choose HCMC for this special moment in your life.
Well-trained, experienced staff
- Dr. Kaitlin Hahn has delivered more than 250 babies since receiving her Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2016. She is Board Certified in Family Medicine.
- Dr. Jared Kramer has more than 20 years of experience and has delivered more than 350 babies. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and is Board Certified in Family Medicine.
- Kerrie Asche, RNC-OB, CLC, women’s health manager, has more than 14 years of healthcare experience, serving as a certified nursing assistant, registered nurse and labor and delivery nurse. She is certified in inpatient obstetrics and a lactation counselor.
- Our 10 obstetrics nurses have a combined 50 years of OB experience. Their training includes:
- Fellowship course on caring for laboring moms and newborns
- Fetal heart monitoring class
- NRP (neonatal resuscitation) certification
- STABLE certification for stabilizing newborns
- Monthly continuing education
Terrific, modern facilities
- Two labor rooms and one room for cesarean section recovery
- Designed for family-centered care
- Updated with latest technology
- Features for mom’s comfort during labor:
- Novii wireless monitor for patients who want to be up and moving
- Birthing balls, peanut balls and squat bar
- IV pain medication/epidural for pain control available
- Features for baby’s health and safety:
- Latest Panda Warmers brand infant warmers
- Baby remains in room with mom 24/7
- Locked and monitored nursery available
Focused on making your delivery special
We love having babies at HCMC! We adore each of their 10 little fingers and 10 little toes. We cherish bringing a new life into the world, all pink and beautiful, and seeing the joy radiating on the faces of moms and dads.
We’re excited to be part of this special day for your family, so you can count on HCMC to:
- Help you prepare with a full range of maternal/family classes.
- Make you feel at ease when you arrive to deliver your baby.
- Do everything in our power to ensure that labor and delivery go according to your birth plan.
- Provide continuing support with two lactation consultants on staff.
Convenient location, friendly faces
- Shorter drive for families living in Howard, Sherman, Greeley, Nance, Merrick and Valley counties.
- Just a few blocks from Highway 281 or Highway 92.
- Staffed by friends and neighbors and full of familiar faces.