The Bump - $10
Bump to Birth and Beyond - $20
Lactation 101 - $10
Infant and Child Safety - $10
Certified Siblings - $5 per child
To register please contact:
Kerrie Asche, RN
Women's Health Manager
308-754-4421 ext. 604
The Bump: Understanding Pregnancy $10
Class provides a rundown of your entire pregnancy to prepare you for all stages!
- Fetal Development
- Medical Care throughout Pregnancy
Sign up at the beginning of your pregnancy and our Certified Maternal Newborn Nurse will be in contact with you to set up a time.
Bump to Birth and Beyond: Understanding Birth, Postpartum, and Newborn $20
Everything you need to know to prepare for childbirth, postpartum, and take care of your newborn baby
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
- Traits, behaviors, crying and comforting, feeding, diapering, cleaning and dressing, health, safety, circumcision, cord care, signs of infection, jaundice, well baby visits, car seat safety, SIDS, abusive head trauma, and when to call your provider/911
- Skin to skin, breastfeeding basics, hunger cues, latching, preventing engorgement, formula feeding
- Perineal care, cesarean care, baby blues, postpartum mood disorders, when to call your healthcare provider/911
This is a 2 day course offered Feb. 11th & 18th, May 12th & 19th, Aug. 12th & 19th, Nov. TBD (5:30pm-7pm)
Lactation 101: Understanding Breastfeeding $10
Basics of breastfeeding with our Certified Lactation Counselor
- How breastfeeding works
- How to breastfeed
- When to feed your baby
- Getting enough milk
- Breast care
- Breastfeeding lifestyle
This is a supplemental class to learn all about breastfeeding and your chance to ask questions about your breastfeeding journey
March 19th, June 15th, Sept. TBD, Dec TBD
Infant and Child Safety $10
Infant and childhood accidents are preventable, but only when parents and caregivers learn how to reduce risk. This class teaches life-saving safety information for parents, grandparents, and other care givers. Anyone can sign up for this class.
- Car safety
- Safe baby care
- Home safety
- Emergency preparedness
April 16th, July 15th, Oct. 7th (5:30-7:15pm)
Certified Siblings $5/per child
For big brothers or sisters getting ready for their new role.
It's an exciting time while you wait for your new baby's arrival. Some siblings can't wait; others would like this to tyke to take a hike. Classes are offered for children age 3 to 5 and age 6 to 9. Join other parents and new siblings to talk about
- How a baby comes into this world on their "birth" day
- How to help care for a baby- hands on practice time with a doll for the big brother/sister
- How a baby's needs are different than big brother/sister
- Questions siblings might have about what's ahead.
Feb. 17th, May 20th, Aug. 17th, Nov. TBD (5-6pm)
Partners can come too!
Learn support strategies for the labor process, childcare basics & safety.