With the recent CDC & CMS updates on Infection Control, HCMC will be updating its masking policy. If you are a patient seeking treatment or have an appointment, beginning on Monday, October 17th masks will NOT BE REQUIRED to enter the building UNLESS you meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a confirmed positive test for COVID or Influenza.
- Have Influenza, COVID or any other Respiratory Illness Symptoms, which include Fever, Chills, Headache, Sore Throat, Cough, Runny Nose, Congestion, Shortness of Breath, Body Aches, Diarrhea, Nausea/Vomiting, Loss of Taste/Smell
- Had recent close contact with someone with COVID or Influenza.
Visitors meeting any of the same criteria listed above are RESTRICTED from visiting. Accommodations may be made in special circumstances.
Signage is posted at all HCMC entrances.
Masks are available at all HCMC admission areas.
Please note - Our masking procedure may change without notice based on community transmission levels, which are monitored on a weekly basis by Infection Control at Howard County Medical Center.
Other Policies include:
- COVID vaccines and boosters for all ages are available at HCMC. Call the clinic to make an appointment.
- Visitor restrictions have been lifted at HCMC. Anyone visiting or accompanying a patient to an appointment must check in at the front desk and be healthy.
- COVID patient visitors are allowed but limited due to room space and PPE usage. Full PPE (gown, N-95 mask, faceshield, and gloves) is required if you visit.
- If you have a routine visit scheduled and develop covid symptoms, notify the hospital and make arrangements to have your visit rescheduled.
- HCMC has testing capabilities ranging from a full respiratory pathogen panel to a quick antigen test to detect covid if you have symptoms and your doctor orders the test.
- HCMC does not perform routine community testing for return to work or travel. We encourage you to reach out to the nearest health department for that testing.
For the most up to date covid information refer to the CDC website.